• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Virus. (1 Viewer)

harry eales

Ancient Entomologist
This morning my AVG (full Programme) intercepted a virus in my
A/Documents and Settings\ All users\Programmes\Startup\Windows Update.hta
AVG cannot 'heal' this, The virus is described as a Dropper.Inor

Whatever that is.

My question is:- If I put this virus into the Virus Vault, what effect will it have on my computer, and, is it possible to replace the isolated file with a download from somewhere.

Harry

Downlaod the stinger file here vil.nai.com/vil/stinger This finds and removes the latest top 50 virus's.
If you have windows Xp you might have to go into safe mode ( F8 on startup ) and disable System restore ( Right click on My Computer and properties)

Hope this helps, if all else fails do a search on google for removal tips for this virus

I have win 98
can this be downloaded .. still

also.. just got rid of one of those dropper .. virus.
it was a trojan.. awful thing..

My neighbour put on a trojan scanner
and of course, I did not have a firewall
never knew about this.. ..

so.. now have ZoneAlarm

Good luck

Thankds for all the help folks,

doing a search on the web has shown that hundreds of folks are having the same problem. A free download from www.nuker.com took care of it.

I did know I could have put it into the AVG anti virus vault but didn't know the consequences of deleting that file with the virus attached. Everything is still working...... so far.

That free download is good, it found a lot of things I didn't know I had, and which I have......... no longer.

Cheers,

Harry

But what did you agree to when you installed this software?

You acknowledge and agree that "Trek Blue" may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonable necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) enforce this Agreement;
(c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; or
(d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of "Trek Blue", its users and the public.
- Monitor network traffic or make search requests in order to accumulate information about individual users.

Do you really want them to "accumulate information" about you?

Spybot, Adaware, Giant (Microsoft Antispyware), Spysweeper ... but not Spyware Nuker!

Andy.

Andrew Rowlands said:
But what did you agree to when you installed this software?

Do you really want them to "accumulate information" about you?

Spybot, Adaware, Giant (Microsoft Antispyware), Spysweeper ... but not Spyware Nuker!

Andy.

I tried this then unistalled it ,Will they still be able to "accumulate information" about me. Got nothing to hide just dont like the idea of it..

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back