• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best field guide for Bali? (1 Viewer)

Two Jugs

I am at the early stages of planning a vacation/birding trip to Bali in May, 2016. Can anyone suggest the best field guide for the island?

Thanks

Tony

field information in Bali

Dear Mr. Tony

Hi..Sir,this is warmest greeting from Bali,regarding your question about field in Bali,I can share information to you.I recommend to visit to west side of Bali as
well as you trip in Bali,which you can have chance to see ;Bali starling/Bali myna(the native bird from west Bali) the only from Bali,Beach thick knee,javan Banded pitta,black wing starling,racket tailed treepie,lineated barbet,small blue king fisher,sunda teal,black wing stillt and etc.too many I mention its.this is my e-mail addres
[email protected] to get further information about west Bali.
Thank you,and look forward to wellcoming you next years,hopefully You are happy to find my reply for you reference.

Best wishes,

Putu Suardika

Up to today there are no better book other than John MacKinnon's Fieldguide to the birds of Sumatra, Borneo, Java and Bali. Its an old book with some drawbacks, but the information provided is good enough. I don't know if there are still some pieces in the market, i believe it has been discontinued long ago.

The Birds of Baluran application for android can be a nice option, too! The two national parks share many same species, with only minor differences (there are no peafowl in Bali, for instance). You can know more information about it here

By the way, its free!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back