• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aperture stuck on 00 (1 Viewer)

Daphna Feingold

Hello to all,
I am using a Canon 7D which is connected to a digiscoping contraption (including an STX 85 objective, TLS APO and a T2 canon converter).
the digiscoping has been going very well but today for some reason the camera has been stuck on aperture 00. when I connect a regular lens the camera works fine. I can't seem to understand the problem.
any ideas?
thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong (I don't digiscope) but I don't think you can adjust the aperture when digiscoping so the camera would report 00 aperture. My Canon cameras do this when I use manual lenses on them, it doesn't affect the picture quality.

yes, you are right

Correct me if I am wrong (I don't digiscope) but I don't think you can adjust the aperture when digiscoping so the camera would report 00 aperture. My Canon cameras do this when I use manual lenses on them, it doesn't affect the picture quality.

yes, you are right. I think I am used to working in better lighting than I had today and I was working with a much to fast shutter speed (which I normally use) and I did no have enough light for it.

thank you!

It is the same when you connect a 600mm Astroscope as a prime lens to a Canon DSLR - the aperture always shows f0 (and the focal length is reported as 50mm) but because you cannot change the aperture anyway it is somewhat irrelevant.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back