• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a warbler? (1 Viewer)

tarves57

I'm really not sure what this bird is, Warbler is the nearest it resembles in my bird book. The photo isn't great though. Can anyone make a positive identification from it?

Susan

Attachments

• mysterybird.jpg
    mysterybird.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 247
Really?? I don't think I've ever seen one before. A woman I met on the path chatted to me and asked me "have the chiffchaffs arrived yet?" I had to admit that I didn't know what one looked like.

I'm very pleased! Thanks,
Susan

tarves57 said:
Really?? I don't think I've ever seen one before. A woman I met on the path chatted to me and asked me "have the chiffchaffs arrived yet?" I had to admit that I didn't know what one looked like.

I'm very pleased! Thanks,
Susan
Susan

Excellent piccy. Like Pete says, difficult to photograph usually, except when they stand still and make their Chiff-Chaff calls. You tend to hear them first and the calls direct you to where they are!.

Well done Susan. Difficult to get a picture of these wee beasties. Had my first singing Chiff-Chaff of the season in Fife yesterday evening when I was dragged out to walk the dog-cheered me up despite the cold wind! ;)

Thanks everyone. Looks like I caught it unawares when we both popped out from under the tree after the downpour...... :bounce:

Susan

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back