• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PENTAX DCF MC II anyone? (1 Viewer)

Snyd

Hi,
Has anyone here actually looked through these binos? 8x or the 10x? I have some 10x43 DCF SP's that are great. I am looking for some light pocket binos and the specs on these look good and the price is right.

I know the Leica, Zeiss, Swaro and Nikon Premier LX 10x25 binos are all nice. But, Pentax has a way of making glass that's is darn near as decent for a lot less money.

Any feedback? 8x or 10x. It seems like the 8x25's should be nice and bright for a 10oz pocket bino.

I own both the early 8x22 DCF MC as well as the more modern 8x25 DCF MC II. The later is with me all day, every day except for when I am carrying a larger binocular. This includes accompanying me to work, church, social events, hiking/fishing trips, shopping, etc.

These are really a very neat little glass. The image is very sharp, bright, contrasty, etc., etc., etc. Due (I'm sure) to the phase corrected prisms, the image quality is noticeably better than the ubiquitous $50 - $75 Nikon, Bushnell, Tasco, Simmons, etc. "el cheapos" found at the local Walmarts. They are a dream to carry around and I often have mine slipped in a jacket pocket or even in the front pocket of my pants when a jacket would be too hot. They have taken more than one stiff bump and yet have remained in collimation.

They are not waterproof, being simply "weather-resistant" instead. I have not however, found this to be any kind of a problem. I've even used them in some pretty nasty weather without any difficulties.

When size and weight are a premium, these really shine. Leica Ultravids they are not but, they don't cost near as much either.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back