Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Android App for working with PDF files

Old Tuesday 29th January 2019, 20:11   #1
Keith Dickinson
Opus Editor

Android App for working with PDF files

I have to mark students work which is delivered as PDF files which is no problem when I am at home as my desktop has all the software I need.

However when away from home I am reliant upon using an Android tablet and am finding it very difficult locating a decent app for allowing me to comment upon PDF files. So many of the apps say they are editors/annotator Apps but are actually readers with a few bits added to look as though you are adding comments. Anyone got recommendations for an App - Free or paid for I don't mind that will let me do this. I know Adobe Reader will do this but I don't really want to pay their prices as it would wipe out my fees for the marking.

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 30th January 2019, 21:58   #2
Bird_Bill

Hi Keith

I am not well practiced editing PDF files
Do have microsoft office bundled on my android tablet. I was able to use complimentary format converters and do rudimentary PDF edits. It was rather clumsy, but free.

Converters can be found at either microsoft store or google play store

convert PDF into MS works...import into MS works
edit
convert MS works back to PDF...export to save

Add ons for google chrome can be found, that allege to allow editing PDF files through the chrome browser. Done through google docs

I'm disenchanted with androids word processing capabilities. The base priority of the android operating system is meant to mine and report user metrics.

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 25th June 2019, 09:18   #3
JayJefferson

Adobe Reader isn't cheap indeed, you could try Foxit PDF instead. Even the trial version should be enough.
Old Wednesday 26th June 2019, 05:21   #4
THE_FERN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Dickinson View Post
I have to mark students work which is delivered as PDF files which is no problem when I am at home as my desktop has all the software I need.

However when away from home I am reliant upon using an Android tablet and am finding it very difficult locating a decent app for allowing me to comment upon PDF files. So many of the apps say they are editors/annotator Apps but are actually readers with a few bits added to look as though you are adding comments. Anyone got recommendations for an App - Free or paid for I don't mind that will let me do this. I know Adobe Reader will do this but I don't really want to pay their prices as it would wipe out my fees for the marking.
Have you tried wps office? This has pretty good pdf support, including, at least on the face of it, annotation. It's free...
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: