Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Mini projectors

Old Tuesday 25th September 2018, 16:00   #1
DJRWhittle

Mini projectors

Good afternoon everyone,

I’ve been looking at the various mini projectors on the market. They’re sold for use as a home cinema. I am thinking about buying one for using to project PowerPoint when I’m talking to groups.

Has anybody on here got any experience/recommendations of this? I did buy one from Amazon that I thought might be suitable but when it arrived the manual said it was ‘not recommended for PowerPoint, Word etc. (pity it didn’t say that in the item description) so it went straight back as that is my intended use. I can’t justify the cost of a ‘proper’ projector as I am retired and do these talks for free.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Derek
Old Tuesday 25th September 2018, 18:22   #2
Mono
Hi!

Most mini projectors are designed for very short range, across a desk in business meetings. They don't have the brightness to do a village hall slideshow. Lots of meeting room systems are moving away from projectors onto touchscreen flatscreens, this has led to a lot of redundant projectors, they can be picked up second-hand. But it is important to get one with a known history as replacement bulbs can be £100s!
Old Wednesday 26th September 2018, 14:38   #3
DJRWhittle

Thanks Mono,

I’ll have a look in the second hand marketplace.

D
Old Friday 22nd March 2019, 05:58   #4
jackson9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRWhittle View Post
Good afternoon everyone,

I’ve been looking at the various mini projectors on the market. They’re sold for use as a home cinema. I am thinking about buying one for using to project PowerPoint when I’m talking to groups.

Has anybody on here got any experience/recommendations of this? I did buy one from Amazon that I thought might be suitable but when it arrived the manual said it was ‘not recommended for PowerPoint, Word etc. (pity it didn’t say that in the item description) so it went straight back as that is my intended use. I can’t justify the cost of a ‘proper’ projector as I am retired and do these talks for free.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Derek
Hi Derek,

Have you found one? Though this thread might be a couple of months passed, but I want still to help. Yes, I understand that most students really need a material that's handy/portable and accessible. I set up my home theater using a projector but it's intended for sport watching. So, I did some google reseach and I found one article for you. You can check here: https://www.outdoormoviehq.com/ezapo...inema-support/. There are usb ports you can use. Let me know if this works for you. I hope it helps. :)

Thanks,
Jack
Old Sunday 24th March 2019, 14:00   #5
jackson9

Hi Derek,

It's me again. Here's an alternative: https://www.outdoormoviehq.com/top-3-uhappy-projectors/.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: