• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Android App for working with PDF files (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
I have to mark students work which is delivered as PDF files which is no problem when I am at home as my desktop has all the software I need.

However when away from home I am reliant upon using an Android tablet and am finding it very difficult locating a decent app for allowing me to comment upon PDF files. So many of the apps say they are editors/annotator Apps but are actually readers with a few bits added to look as though you are adding comments. Anyone got recommendations for an App - Free or paid for I don't mind that will let me do this. I know Adobe Reader will do this but I don't really want to pay their prices as it would wipe out my fees for the marking.

Hi Keith

I am not well practiced editing PDF files
Do have microsoft office bundled on my android tablet. I was able to use complimentary format converters and do rudimentary PDF edits. It was rather clumsy, but free.

Converters can be found at either microsoft store or google play store

convert PDF into MS works...import into MS works
edit
convert MS works back to PDF...export to save

Add ons for google chrome can be found, that allege to allow editing PDF files through the chrome browser. Done through google docs

I'm disenchanted with androids word processing capabilities. The base priority of the android operating system is meant to mine and report user metrics.

I have to mark students work which is delivered as PDF files which is no problem when I am at home as my desktop has all the software I need.

However when away from home I am reliant upon using an Android tablet and am finding it very difficult locating a decent app for allowing me to comment upon PDF files. So many of the apps say they are editors/annotator Apps but are actually readers with a few bits added to look as though you are adding comments. Anyone got recommendations for an App - Free or paid for I don't mind that will let me do this. I know Adobe Reader will do this but I don't really want to pay their prices as it would wipe out my fees for the marking.

Have you tried wps office? This has pretty good pdf support, including, at least on the face of it, annotation. It's free...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back