• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Song Id. Apps (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

Apparently there are now apps that allow you to record a bird song and let the app. identify the species. Has anyone on here tried any of these apps and if so what did you think of them? Is there one app that seems better than the others? For someone like me who has a tin ear and can't id. too many songs, something like that might be a help.

Here's a reply I recently posted to someone who wanted to identify a bird song...

" You should give the BirdNet app a try. It's a free download. I tried 10 different birds and it got nine spot on. You need internet access to verify the call / song but if you dont have any available the file can be saved for when you get home."

Works great for me.

I have 335 recordings on my tablet and I really don't know how to clear them in one shot from my tablet.

Have been trying the new Merlin add-on, but does not work well for me neither did BirdSongId. I have good recordings from Merlin, maybe they can be uploaded to BirdNet... will look into it.

I think a good recording from Merlin attached.

Very interesting, when I downloaded BirdNet I got something called Picture Bird that wants $39 a year! I thought bait and switch only happened on Android or Windows!

Attachments

• 2021-07-08 2006 House Sparrow Maybe.wav
    3.9 MB
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back