• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa - Birdforum Photo Competition (2 Viewers)

I take it the framing must be the same for the 2600 pixel copy as the one posted here. Big problem for me as I hardly have any images in which I can do this; I don't normally get so close. Big advantage of the 24 and 36MP cameras over the 12MP ones.

I take it the framing must be the same for the 2600 pixel copy as the one posted here. Big problem for me as I hardly have any images in which I can do this; I don't normally get so close. Big advantage of the 24 and 36MP cameras over the 12MP ones.

That means we need to use camera with higher megapixel?

Did I see somewhere that the photos have to be from this year? Or can they be taking anytime? I could have sworn I read that but now when I look I can't see any photo date restrictions... Thanks, John

Good day Birdforum,

I have noticed on the top of the page and in the uploading page, that it is not allowed to post pictures of "NESTS, EGGS, OR CAPTIVE OR DOMESTIC CREATURES". How about wild birds sitting on a nest? Does this count? I just wanted to clarify.

Also, in the rules, it does state that the picture should be taken with a digiscoping rig, so does it mean photos taken with a conventional DSLR and telephoto lens will be accpeted?

Many thanks!

What am I missing here? Rule #3 clearly states in bold "All entries must be taken within the start and finish date of the competition." but there appear to be numerous photos that were taken outside of the contest dates.

So what happens to them? Are they removed later? Did those members not read the rules and just posted their nicest bird photos? Why are photos still in the Gallery if they don't meet the criteria? This really has me stumped.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding something.

I've posted an image which has successfully uploaded a few minutes ago but I notice in the rules that entries must also include the original RAW file from the camera. I have that, in .CR2 format, how do I upload and attach that please?

RAW files?

Hi,

I was considering uploading a photo, but then I come across this rule that I cannot see how I can comply to.

"Details of all image manipulation, together with a note of the software used, shall also be submitted, together with the original RAW or JPEG file from the camera.
"

How do I work around the technical limitations imposed by the Birdform gallery? As far as I can see there is no way to upload RAW files, and also there are limitations regarding JPG file size/image resolution.

Will I be requested to send in the originals (by email/uploading)?

Have I missed something?

Last edited:
Are any moderators reading this thread? Two of us are asking the same question now regarding RAW file uploads.

If your a winner RAW files may be needed for publication,however for the competition in the gallery please just upload your images as they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back