• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ18 Worn Thread (1 Viewer)

Emma

I have been using my FZ18 with the t-con 1.7 convertor for a few years and the thread has now worn on the lens barrel. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so is there a way of getting it fixed or a replacement part for the outer casing?

Hi Emma you could try winding some ptfe tape around the barrel then put the convertor on.

Steve.

Thanks for your reply Steve :t: I had the opportunity to try another adaptor and convertor on my camera tonight and it fitted to my camera ok. On closer inspection it now appears that the thread has worn down on my adaptor, I have now ordered a new one from Amazon but will be more concious of how many times I will be taking the convertor on and off in future!

Thanks for the tip re the ptfe tape, I tried this on my adaptor but it unfiortunately didn't work, I can see why you suggested it though!

Thanks again:t:

Hi Emma you could try winding some ptfe tape around the barrel then put the convertor on.

Steve.

The trouble is your camera thread is most likely to be aluminium where as the adapter is a hardened steel causing the inevitable wear I had the same trouble but found no solution.
Dougie

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back