• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kenya, Masai Mara, Naivasha and Mt. Kenya (1 Viewer)

Mr Patience

This is the second batch. 1 & 2 are Masai Mara, 3 is Lake Naivasha and 4 is Mt Kenya Hotel by the waterhole. In 2, I think some are Rueppells griffons but, apart from the Marabou, the vulture in the bottom left looks different.

I think 4 could be a white-eyed slaty flycatcher.
Others, not sure. Any ID help gratefully received.

Attachments

• 036_NC  crop.jpg
    036_NC crop.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 040_NC  crop.jpg
    040_NC crop.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 027_NC  crop.jpg
    027_NC crop.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 039_NC crop.jpg
    039_NC crop.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 148
And 1 is a Common Bulbul or whatever name Pycnonotus barbatus goes by locally (Dark-capped Bulbul?) I'm not up to speed on status of African races of these.

Graham

1- Common Bulbul
2- The bird you're referring to is a White-backed vulture
3- Spur-winged goose indeed...
4- White-eyed slaty flycatcher indeed...

This is the second batch. 1 & 2 are Masai Mara, 3 is Lake Naivasha and 4 is Mt Kenya Hotel by the waterhole. In 2, I think some are Rueppells griffons but, apart from the Marabou, the vulture in the bottom left looks different.

I think 4 could be a white-eyed slaty flycatcher.
Others, not sure. Any ID help gratefully received.
That third picture backdrop looks like a scene from the wildebeest migration..
Amazing how that natural event http://maragates.com/masai-mara-wildebeest-migration is well coordinated

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back