• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Flight in pictures? (1 Viewer)

WillemDeWit

Greetings,

I'm looking for pictures of birds in flight, in particular of birds of prey.

I found a book called How Birds Fly (by David Goodnow):
"How Birds Fly reveals the mysteries of flapping flight with sequences of high-speed photographs that lead step-by-step through the fine points of take-off, level flight and slow flight."

I just ordered it, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if there are any online sites where I could find such photographs of bird flight.

Thanks for your time :)

Willem De Wit

Hi Willem,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators welcome to Bird Forum :t:

Brian has I think the right idea, short of members reading this thread and contacting you directly. The only thing to bear in mind though is that if you do find photos that you like, then please contact the photographer to get permission to use the photos. On Bird Forum the photographer retains all rights to the photos.

See you around.

Try these -

"Flight Identification of European Raptors" by Porter, Willis, Christensen & Pors nielsen - 3rd Edition ISBN 0 85661 027 5

Most good raptor guides show birds in flight at various ages. I find these to be OK as well -

SASOL Birds of Prey of Africa and its Islands by Kemp (ISBN 1 85974 100 2)

A Field Guide to the Raptors of Europe, THe Middle East and North africa by Clarke (ISBN 0 19 854661 0)

Raptors of the World by Ferguson-Lees & Christie (ISBN 0 618 12762 3)

Hope that is of help

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back