• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Contact Contact Info for Pantanal Bird Club (Braulio Carlos) (1 Viewer)

rdcny

Hi - I have been trying for three weeks to get in touch with the Pantanal Bird Club to book two tours for a group of people in July 2019. I have had no luck! Now I realize that relaxed "Brasil" time is different than the stressed NYC time we are accustomed to (my group)...but in order to get the best rates on flights/hotels and such we need some hard info on trip pricing, dates...from the wonderful, superb Pantanal Bird Club and especially Braulio A. Carlos.

Does anyone have a telephone# for them/him in Brasil? One of our members is from Brasil and spends half the year there, and the other half in Manhattan...

Thank You! And yes we have tried their email and Facebook (message) options...so we are reaching out to this birding community for help/advice.

Robert DeCandido PhD
NYC

Try his Brazilian company, Brazil Safaris Turismo Ltda in Cuiabá. You will probably need somebody that speaks Portuguese - phone number - +55 65 99603-1803

Robert,

While the PBC as you say is a great organisation I doubt that you will get cheaper rates for flights, hotels etc from any organisation compared to doing it yourself.

I did the Pantanal etc (inc a few days in Amazonia) and organised it easily myself for a group of 4.

There is a wealth of knowledge and info on the web and it's easy to bird without having to go with tour companies - though you might wish to hire a guide if that's more to your liking (we didn't - except for organised Jaguar tours)

H

Please check phone# for Braulio!

Can you check that phone number for Braulio's company...Brazilian phone numbers are 8 digits! You gave me 9...

as for organized tours - yes for many places we "wing it" by doing our research and most of the "footwork" ourselves. On the other hand for this tour, we want to stay on a boat for the Pantanal (not lodges)...and then for the cerrado (grassland) parks we will need a vehicle anyway...so why not get a top guide/driver with his vehicle.

rdc

Try these +55(65)3624-1930 and +55(65)3322-2772 . I have no idea how Google came up with that number and I didn't notice it had the wrong number of digits!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back