• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Island fears over 'trawler rats' (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

having spent the last 17 years working in a shipyard, i can say that rats on ships is practically a thing of the past. (unless they're japanese whalers of course)

(the crew not the vessel)

If you go to this link you'll see that despite the fears, no rats have been found.

As usual, whenever the media get hold of any story you know anything about, there is always an error in the reporting. BBC "Five Live" this evening announced that the inhabitants of a remote island were relieved that there were no rats on the ship. St Kilda of course has no inhabitants other than a few temporary MOD personel and a warden (who I'm not sure is even there in winter).

Just a minor error of course, and I suppose if you want to stretch the point then the MOD personel could be classed as inhabitants, but makes me wonder what else they get wrong in stories I know nothing about.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back