• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

just two dslrs (1 Viewer)

I hope this will help as we had a brain wave about 14 months ago over dslr cameras, now before any one says this is not a which one is best, as both these cameras are very good in our oponion, Im going to say it as we have found our selvs.
now my better half decided after looking at many diferent makes to go for the sony a100 (then was new to the market)
the clenching deal at that time was best deal she got camera body with two lenses for less than price of the body only in most shopes at that time, now the only thing she has found and me is the limited stockest of lenses (not sonys fault just every one seems to be stuck in cannon, nikon, in our aira) but we are now using older teck,lenses with very good results (we both are novices) we are only now really starting to get to no iso, shutter speed, depth of field etc,as with the older lenses as many of you who no will no you need to use manual settings.
now i up graded last week my old 35mm film zenith and have got a canon eos d400, well impressive from the start quirt shutter, lenses much more available price of lenses not much in it , didgiscoping with it is supurb, but i do have to say the sony wins in our books picture clarity is supurb

I don't want to start a thread war, between Sony and Canon people, but I can say that I have owned both, and the Sony alpha has been a FAR more enjoyable camera to use, from the Anti-shake features, to the non-toyish feel of the camera as oposed to the Canon, which felt too light, and too much like a toy to me.

Seem to be reading old posts !

Lenses for the Sony Alpha camera

Many older Minolta 35 mm AF lenses can be used with a 1.5x factor applied e.g. 75 -300 mm = 112.5 - 450 mm etc. with no light loss.
This is because they can cover a full frame 24x36 but the digital camera has an APS-C sensor which is much smaller.
(Lens hogs are buying up these lenses awaiting the release of Sony's 24Mb full frame Alpha 900 any time now)
However there are many other features to look at on the lenses and the website http://www.mhohner.de/ has the definitive list. Also look at www.dynaxdigital.com and www.photoclubalpha.com for other considerations about lenses.
As a quid pro quo I recommend this site for people on those forums interested in bird photography.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back