• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

kowa 50 series? (1 Viewer)

HokkaidoStu

occasional moderator
Staff member
Supporter
kowa 500 series?

Does anyone use the Kowa 500 series?

I'm thinking of buying one here in Japan-very cheap only about $US 180 for the 20-40 by 50 zoom. It'll only be as a second scope so I won't be expecting much. How does it compare to say Opticron's MM2 ( which isn't an option here even though it's made in Japan )?

Kowa have released the Prominar TS 504 which is more expensive ( about $US 350 ) but appears to be waterproof, has 15-30 zoom, slightly longer eye relief and ED loptics. I can't find anthing in English on the web about this so I guess it's only available here in Japan. Like the other compact Kowas you can't change the eyepieces.

Anyway-any feedback from Kowa 500 users would be great.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back