• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Few hours up Cannock Chase (1 Viewer)

Chilt

Went to Cannock chase for a few hours today with the mrs, saw some great new stuff!

Chaffinch male
Chaffinch female
swallow
Blue tit
Nuthatch
Jay
Pied wagtail

I was most impressed with the Jay! I saw it and was like WHATS THAT?!
Looked it up and saw it was a jay, beautiful bird! Still haven’t seen a wood pecker but I have all my life to find one, cause I’ve kinda decided to do a life list :)

Thanks for looking

Chilt

Have a walk from Punchbowl car park to Stepping Stones mate, its about half-a-mile walk each way.

Should see Nuthatch, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Treecreeper, & other tits like Long-Tailed Tits, and from late April - to early September Redstarts and Pied Flycatcher (by the Stepping Stones). May hear and see laughing Green Woodpecker.

Also in summer, along Sherbrook Valley on a balmy evening look out for Cuckoo, Hobby, and as it goes dark on a moonlit night Nightjar, Woodcock and Long-eared Owls.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back