• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there a Fuerteventura Official List? (1 Viewer)

Goldcrest55

Goldcrest55
Is there a Fuerteventura Official List? Specifically what is the status of Red-vented Bulbul on the island? I saw the Bulbuls around the zoo area where they are frequently encountered and are, (or so I'm led to believe), thought to have escaped from there or somewhere else nearby before breeding in the area. These birds have apparently been breeding in the wild for a good number of years now, and I was wondering if the Powers-that-be have accepted it as a naturalized breeder similar to Category C birds on the British List, (e.g: Mandarin Duck, Rose-ringed Parakeet etc), or are they treated purely as a Category E equivalent bird, (e.g: Black Swan)? Obviously if the first option is true they would now be considered part of the islands avifauna, like Mandarin Duck and Rose-ringed Parakeet are in the UK. If the second option is true they would NOT be considered as part of the islands avifauna, in the same way that Black Swan, (although regularly encountered) is not considered part of the UK's avifauna. Any help or information would be gratefully received.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back