• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Johnny Kingdom killed (1 Viewer)

Very sad, a lovely bloke, I always enjoyed the child-like delight with which he explained to us the things he had only just discovered about wildlife.

John

A few years back I met him at Bird Fair. It was at the end of the day, and he was in a hurry to do a guided tour on the Rutland Water cruise. But when I explained that my daughter was a big fan, he took the time to talk to both of us and pose for a photo with my daughter which she treasures to this day.

I think he truly appreciated what came to him fairly late in his life, and in consequence he was a genuinely pleasant and considerate guy. RIP.

Malcolm

A late reply to this thread, but what a sad loss. His simplistic but enthusiastic style of presenting coupled with his wonderful Devonian accent was a welcome change to your usual natural history presenter. Maybe not every ones cup of tea especially the purists or ones who gun for bravado types, but I liked him. He was a late comer to the scene, but looked fit and handy despite his years as they say in these parts. His affable, warm approach could easily excuse any bloops he made on screen and there were some, but he could get away with it while others you know of could never do.

He was a good, entertaining writer too. His autobiography from a few years back was a hilarious, touching but compelling read all written in the way he presented his TV shows.

RIP big man.

Si.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back