• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Basil Ede's classic book, dirt cheap (1 Viewer)

Apodemus

I picked up a brand new copy of Basil Ede's 1965 classic "Birds of Town and Village" today for £5.99 at Rheged, Penrith. For those who don't know it, it's a beautiful collection of stunning bird art.

There must have been an over-enthusiastic recent reprint (2009) because I see it is also advertised on Amazon for £7.99 inc. postage. Well worth the cash, if you have any Christmas money left over.

Mike

I had one of the 'original' copies too Mike - I used to love his stuff (well, actually Ede s still a bit of a guilty pleasure even nowadays :) )

I allways loved the detail in the bark, leaves and branches of the trees that he painted ,still got my copy 30 years on ! although it's a bit tattered now,so at £7.99 well worth getting a new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back