• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Identify this bird (1 Viewer)

tringbirds

Saw this bird high up in tree near to waterfall in Honduras. Cannot find any lead as to its identification. Help!

Attachments

• Grand Voyage 2007_550a copy.jpg
    Grand Voyage 2007_550a copy.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 171
It looks like a Saltator sp. to me.

Agree. Throat and breast design plus underparts colours match better Black-headed Saltator (Saltator atriceps) imo but not sure if Buff-throated Saltator (Saltator maximus) can be 100% excluded on this pic.

PS: The country is mentioned on first post, Honduras (Central America).

Am I alone in thinking a please and thank you wouldnt go amiss sometimes?

'ID this bird now............HELP' type threads annoy me.

Maybe I'm alone...........but it takes less than 10 seconds to stick and please and thank you somewhere.

Honduras is over your way somewhere, not in Europe. But you are right, we don't have Mangrove Cuckoos.

Steve

I actually thought the bird was from Europe too at first (notice the flag). I was going to say Great Tit or something, but then I saw Honduras...

alan
I am first time user and found getting around the site a little confusing. By the time I had found out how to upload I was beginning to lose the plot. Apologies and no more helps

Am I alone in thinking a please and thank you wouldnt go amiss sometimes?

'ID this bird now............HELP' type threads annoy me.

Maybe I'm alone...........but it takes less than 10 seconds to stick and please and thank you somewhere.

You are right of course. I have just joined the site and finding my way around.By the time I had some inkling on how to upload the image I had lost some patience. i do not think the forum is the easiest to get used straight off.I apologise if you think my approach was tackless - it was not intended.

alan
I am first time user and found getting around the site a little confusing. By the time I had found out how to upload I was beginning to lose the plot. Apologies and no more helps

Tringbirds,
Please don't take any comments too negatively and please feel free to post any other ID queries that might arise. Most of us learn something trying to figure out the ID or at least reading someone else's explanation. The original poster is not the only one who benefits.
Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back