• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

another warbler form Jeddah (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello

when i heard this one i was sure it is a common whitethraot, but as i saw the tail i knew i was wrong along with its small size.

sure not an EOW, nor a Marsh. could it be a reed.

thanks so much.

Attachments

• warbler1.jpg
    warbler1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 109
  • warbler2.jpg
    warbler2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 105
  • warbler3.jpg
    warbler3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 80
I can't ID it on those angles, but I wouldn't rule out Blyth's Reed Warbler either - hard tac as a call is a good indicator - though they sound more like Lesser Whitethroat to me

thanks Jane, i thought it sound like a common whitethraot because there is one or two in my garden, today i got a lesser but i am sure this one is making those calls, so here are more shots, hope they are better.

the one in the third shot was silent, and looked more yellow to me, could it be a Marsh. but i see it seem so similar.

Attachments

• reed1.jpg
    reed1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 50
  • reed2.jpg
    reed2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 70
  • reed3.jpg
    reed3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 80
the one in the third shot was silent, and looked more yellow to me, could it be a Marsh. but i see it seem so similar.

I'm fairly sure that's a Marsh Warbler in the 3rd photo

Look at the obvious clear pale edges to the primary feathers

This group of birds is very difficult to identify. You need to be very methodical

If possible, try to take photos more from above the bird than below the bird; maybe from an upstairs window ? It's important to try to get a clear picture of the wing, especially

good luck...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back