• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strange problem of Canon A95 with connecting to computer via usb cable (1 Viewer)

stchong

Hi, guys. I just faced a very strange problem. I try to download the photoes from a canon A95 to a computer with windows 2003. But the computer only can detect with showing a message something like "Digital Still camera is detected and ready to be used." That's all. then I can not found any item in "my computer", normally there is an icon called Canon A95, and I can click it to view the photoes, I also can not find the camera in "Scanners and Cameras" from "Control Panel". I try to install all the software in the CD from Canon, but it didn't work. I try the same thing on a computer with win 2000, same problem. But the funny thing is, it works when I try it on several computers with Windows XP.

Anybody knows what the problem is? I hope all the experts here could help me, thank you.

Hi Stchong and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Not sure about the particular problem you are having but someone should have a few suggestions for you before long.

I have always found a card reader to be much easier to use and a lot less drain on the camera battery. They are quite inexpensive. Good luck.

Hi stchong, Welcome to Birdforum.

I don't have an A95 but I can fire up a Windows2003 Server to test one of my cameras on - I'll try it later - maybe someone else knows.

Do you have an extra drive that shows up in Windows Explorer when the A95 is attached? Maybe it's just named 'Removeable Drive' or similar?

Cheers,

Andy.

Thanks K.C and Andy's reply.
As I said, I can not find any extra drive shown in Windows Explorer, that's the funny point.

Yup, if this problem can not be solved, I will go to buy a card reader, that's the only way.

Anyway, thanks, guys.

Hi Stchong,

I must admit that I use a card reader to get images off my A95 - it's simply quicker and easier to do it this way.

stchong said:
Hi, guys. I just faced a very strange problem. I try to download the photoes from a canon A95 to a computer with windows 2003. But the computer only can detect with showing a message something like "Digital Still camera is detected and ready to be used." That's all. then I can not found any item in "my computer", normally there is an icon called Canon A95, and I can click it to view the photoes, I also can not find the camera in "Scanners and Cameras" from "Control Panel". I try to install all the software in the CD from Canon, but it didn't work. I try the same thing on a computer with win 2000, same problem. But the funny thing is, it works when I try it on several computers with Windows XP.

Anybody knows what the problem is? I hope all the experts here could help me, thank you.
I have WinXP but yours might be similar: go into Control Panel and, with the extra drive switched on (i.e. with the camera on), click on "Administrative Tools" then "Computer Management" followed by "Disk Management". Look in there - it shows all the "hard dirves" on your PC. Does the drive show up? It's possible you have a clash of allocated drive letters or such like and need to give the new drive a different letter. I have had similar problems and have solved them this way.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back