• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

selling drawings on ebay? (1 Viewer)

I know one person who does it all the time. Her stuff sells pretty quickly, but then she's really good. Go for it!

Yes you can - a few words of advice (if you need any) . . . Ebay tends to be a marketplace for bargain-hunters - if your work is cheap enough, it will probably sell, but I've tried to put larger scale works on and, over a certain price, people weren't interested (maybe they just didn't like my work, of course!!!). Good sellers via this marketplace are - puffins (if you get good at them, you won't be able to paint enough to supply demand), owls (indeed most birds of prey - falcons particularly) and certain duck species.
Good luck and get drawing!!!

Go for it!

I scan this site regularly for antique and contemporary studio pottery,

What ever you are looking for on that site theres an awfull amount of tat to sift through, but any collectors for a keen eye for quality will soon pick up on something ''good''.

I've seen quality items,that seemingly look cr@p to the untrained eye with low reserves go for well over £1000!

One other word of advice,try also to aim your product at the interior design
market.Nice bold wall fillers,could be relatively small paintings but nicely framed with a good border will make the piece all the more desirable.

You could visit a posh gallery to see how other artists present their work
for sale.

Matt

Last edited:
Anything that is good enough will sell. I used to sell small prints of my paintings and they sold well. Nothing lost in giving it a go!

i had thought of doing this not long ago.....but then if you surf and preview the work shown and sold, and the prices offered for the works..you have to decide what price you would accept for your work...in the end i pretty much agree, there are people there who want bargains.

entering art fairs and judged entrance art shows can be a great experience, and good advertizing for your work.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back