• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Serengeti Tanzania Jan 2020 -4 (1 Viewer)

A few more birds to confirm ID.

1. This bird have being singing intensively and passionately a elaborated song for over one hour in early dawn , i cannot find anything similar in my guide
2. I guess a Eurasian Swift , alternatives could be African Black Swift or Nyanza
3. Rock or Plain Martin

Attachments

• id (TZ).jpg
    id (TZ).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • Eurasian swift (TZ)3.jpg
    Eurasian swift (TZ)3.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Rock or Plain martin   (TZ)3.jpg
    Rock or Plain martin (TZ)3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 31
1. One of the grey-headed sparrow complex. Check what's possible there, maybe Swahili Sparrow or Northern Grey-headed?

1. Northern grey-headed sparrow, indeed. Swahili sparrow has a dark grey belly.

2. Probably Nyanza Swift from the picture. It doesn't look dark enough to be an African black, and has contrast on the underwing unlike common swift, which are uniform.

3. Rock Martin, showing buffy throat.

I'd be wary of identifying swifts from a single image, even if the angle and clarity were better than this.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back