• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hotels in northern Majorca (1 Viewer)

Bubbs

I wonder if anyone could recommend a good hotel, either in Puerto Pollensa, or very close.

Thanks for any advice given.

John.

What do you mean by good? Lots of stars or no nonsense good value?
For the latter try the Oriola in Cala san Vicente, about 5km from Puerto Pollensa.

Regards
Nick

Do you really need a hotel or would an apartment do? I always use the latter of which there are plenty. One that I would recommend, that I used last time and will use again, are the Apartments Pollensa Mar which I booked through www.alpharooms.com. They also had a good range of hotels and their prices are pretty good.

The apartment was just right for us being within easy walking distance of all of the restaurants yet just far enough outside of the centre to be that bit quieter. Plenty of shops close by for fresh bread etc or places to buy breakfast if you don't like doing your own.

(No, I'm not on commission!!)

HTH

There are a large number of hotels in Puerto Pollensa to choose from. The first time I went I stayed at the Uyall, but wasn't impressed. There are various other hotels in that same area such as the Romatic etc which I think are in the two-star range.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Ila d'Or where we stayed another year. It was excellent - really good food, but bloody expensive.

We've stayed several times at the Daina, which is right in the centre at the start of the pine walk. This was very good, although at the time I thought the breakfasts could do with improving. It may be better since we were last there in 2004. I'd go there again if I wasn't into self-catering these days.

When we were there last (2008) we rented an apartment near to La Gola (the stream that runs out to sea beneath the bridge on the sea-front) and went self-catering. It was very good. A search on the internet for Puerto Pollensa accomodation threw it up.

I really appreciate all your help. I have been to Majorca many times but the last time was way back and the place seems to have changed sooo much.

Last edited:
To be very close to S'Allbufera try hotels in C'an Picafort. I stayed at Hotel Sol C'an Picafort for 2 nights very cheap, but very clean and basic. Try Easyjets website for whole range of hotels.

To nearer Formentor peninsula, Cuber Res etc best to be at the lovely port de pollenca, which is generally more expensive.

Last edited:
To be very close to S'Allbufera try hotels in C'an Picafort. I stayed at Hotel Sol C'an Picafort for 2 nights very cheap, but very clean and basic. Try Easyjets website for whole range of hotels.

To nearer Formentor peninsula, Cuber Res etc best to be at the lovely port de pollenca, which is generally more expensive.

Cheers 'WB'....this sunny weather has given me itchy feet and a longing for some more foreign birding ;)

Stayed at the Club Pollentia a couple of times.

Great location overlooking the S'Albuferata natural park. Had Booted Eagles, Marsh Harriers, Ospreys, GW Egrets, Golden Oriole, Wryneck, Serin, and distant Black Vultures from the hotel room balcony. Also good for watching flyover Egrets and Night, Squacco and Purple Herons. Although it's not the cheapest hotel it's got all the facilities including a bicycle hire shop (essential for exploring the back roads) and it's on a direct bus route (1.20 euro's) to Albufera and the Boquer valley.

Therer are so many wonderful hotels in Mallorca,and car hire is easy and cheap.

I stayed at Iberostar hotels which are fantastic but not that cheap, at the Exegon Park Iberostar (go on their website www.iberostar.com) at C'an Picafort. Can get on line quotes for whatever option you want (B & B, half bd, All inc ) and they dont take your payment until yo get therer generally. I sat at the elevated bar each night watching Nightjars hawking (in May 2008), they were also over the swimming pool at night. Saw plenty of birds nearby - Woodchat Shrike, Purple Gallinule, Night heron, Sard Warblers, Spotted Flys, Red Legged Partridge, Cetti's Warblers etc as there is ideal habitat around this hotel. Ask for a room overlooking the tennis courts as its quiet and good views. Also has a calling Scops Owl most nights!

I took a short walk down to the beach (runs from hotel alongside river) and at the beach turned right and walked for a mile, picking up a lot of good birds in a quiet area - 10 Thekla Larks, several Woodchat Shrikes, Whimbrel, more Sard Warblers etc. Really lovely walk early morning or evening.

If you want an Iberostar right opposite S'Albufera there is one - again check their website. They are not cheap but prices are per room per night NOT per person.

The Mallorca section of the BirdingInSpain.com website has ideal hotels for birders, distributed according to the nearest birding itinerary. Take a look at the itineraries on the BirdingInSpain.com website, the maps, the photos and then click on the links (only 2 per itinerary) to have a look at the recommendedd hotels.

Steve
http://www.BirdiingInSpain.com

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back