• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2018. (1 Viewer)

Hi to the people I know on this forum, I am late starting on this years list, mostly due to my health.
I. Collared dove
2. Robin.
3. Hawfinch
4. Blackbird
5. Song thrush
6. Dunnock
7. Carrion crow
8. Grey Heron
9. Green woodpecker
10. Cattle Egret
11. House Sparrow
12. Blue tit
13. Great tit
14. Long tailed tit
15. Coal tit
16. Chaffinch
17. Green finch
18. Goldfinch
19. Chiff chaff
20. Red Kite
21. Common Buzzard
22. Magpie

I'll second that Brenda, that's a great location - hope the birds keep coming!

One new for the year from home for me today - a 1st winter

32. Mediterranean Gull

Hi to the people I know on this forum, I am late starting on this years list, mostly due to my health.
I. Collared dove
2. Robin.
3. Hawfinch
4. Blackbird
5. Song thrush
6. Dunnock
7. Carrion crow
8. Grey Heron
9. Green woodpecker
10. Cattle Egret
11. House Sparrow
12. Blue tit
13. Great tit
14. Long tailed tit
15. Coal tit
16. Chaffinch
17. Green finch
18. Goldfinch
19. Chiff chaff
20. Red Kite
21. Common Buzzard
22. Magpie

Happy New Year Brenda....and may the birds be with you, they always give me a lift...especially when I need it most! Talking of which, there's four on your list that I need! :t:

Now at 28 for the year:-
26 - Common Gull - 18th January
27 - Grey Heron - 29th January
28 - Coal Tit - 30th January

23 of the 28 photographed. No photos so far of Cormorant, Grey Heron, Common Gull, Jackdaw & Long-tailed Tit.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Coal Tit 010.jpg
    Coal Tit 010.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 27
34. guillemot
35. Mute swan

A bit stormy and grim out there today, which can bring things into the relative calm of the harbour...

After two weeks without anything new despite lots of trying it was good to start February with two more

48 Lesser Redpoll
49 Raven

And if anyone wants to be thrilled by what is going on in gardens/yards across the world have a look at the yard lists on eBird. I only just realised the list existed. Some nice ones from Australia.

Steve

Yesterday afternoon we sat coffee with my wife, when she said: "What is that bird? Is it a Waxwing?" I turned and looked at the apple tree and saw black and white bird - smaller than Magpie. :eek!: Garden lifer! I quickly grabbed the camera in my hands and manage to take three crappy fotos. Then it was gone. But hay... first garden lifer 2018! B :)

#23. Great Gray Shrike

Yesterday afternoon we sat coffee with my wife, when she said: "What is that bird? Is it a Waxwing?" I turned and looked at the apple tree and saw black and white bird - smaller than Magpie. :eek!: Garden lifer! I quickly grabbed the camera in my hands and manage to take three crappy fotos. Then it was gone. But hay... first garden lifer 2018! B :)

#23. Great Gray Shrike

Wow!....an enviable garden tick. :t:

Today:-
29 - Dunnock - 3rd February

Photographed Dunnock and Grey Heron so now 25 photographed and missing Cormorant, Common Gull, Jackdaw & Long-tailed Tit.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• 7H6A0624.JPG
    7H6A0624.JPG
    531.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 7H6A0580.JPG
    7H6A0580.JPG
    447.2 KB · Views: 25
3 additions today - looking from home on and off most of the day.

35. Common Chaffinch - 2 sightings and 2 more heard over, seems like a bit of movement.
36. Common Kestrel - probably gettable any day, more time today.
37. Common Buzzard - a wierd omission last year

I'm giving it a go this year. I retire in April and plan to spend much more time in the garden. I started paying attention on Garden Birdwatch weekend. Up to 28 so far with the best being Goldcrest, Bullfinch and Grey Heron.

Last edited:
A female House Sparrow briefly at feeder this am! Generally between one or two per annum at this abode. no.51.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back