• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IS binoculars- the battery issue (1 Viewer)

Clearly we are on the same page, albeit speaking at cross purposes.
I agree entirely that the power supply mechanism in portable gear, optical or otherwise, should be replaceable.
I've a preference for lithium batteries, having given up on rechargeables because they don't break sharply between charged and discharged, a huge plus of the lithiums imho. A low voltage rechargeable stresses the Canon IS electronics in my experience, which is undesirable.
Sadly, rechargeable lithium AA or AAA batteries are still unavailable, so I stick with the throw aways. Hopefully that will change soon.

These Lithium rechargeable AA batteries by Jugee get the bigclive seal of approval and put out 1.5V till they don't. Can't remember what he said now about how the voltage drops at the end of the charge. The long youtube review goes into detail and the short review just gives the specs.

Short review : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rncOmGKe4Bc&t=0s

Just a quick question guys - what batteries do the rangefinder binoculars from Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss use, and how well do these stand up to the elements? As these are mainly aimed at the hunting market they have to be durable, and their users don't seem to mind using batteries...

I use Eneloops in my 10x30's with a spare pair in the case. I don't recall ever having to change them out. Then again, I only use my Canons around the house with pretty light use.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back