• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Android BirdGuides App not working (1 Viewer)

dipped

A couple of days ago this stopped updating with new sightings.

I've re-installed the app and still no sightings or pictures, nothing. It just says no sightings for local and national. I wonder what's going on.

I just have the free version.

The RBA App still works but is pretty useless unless you pay for the service.

There is a completely new app which you need to install.

Rob

Ok thanks for that. I see that the free version is now just as virtually useless as the RBA version.

The new App doesn't detail the latest sighting anymore though I suppose it is slightly better then RBA if the Nearby sightings are really nearby and you can guess the location. Just looking at it now and Nearby sightings aren't chronological. The dates are all over the place.

I suppose they were losing money putting the most recent sighting details out for free. I guess the Desktop site will be the same. I'm about to check...

I'll have to start following even more people on Twitter or pay for BINS (I'm in Suffolk).

Despite upgrading the Android app today, and using the free version, theres no new data, with the most recent message being yesterday's lack of service message.?!?

I can't even log in! when I enter my e-mail address it tells me that this e-mail address is already in use! of course it's in use...... it's ME that's bleeping using it!!!!! Going on holliday tomorrow without the use of Birdguides it seems.

I can't even log in! when I enter my e-mail address it tells me that this e-mail address is already in use! of course it's in use...... it's ME that's bleeping using it!!!!! Going on holliday tomorrow without the use of Birdguides it seems.

I had an email about resetting my password, probably same for you.

I had an email about resetting my password, probably same for you.

I tried resetting my password and various other things with the same result, I got so frustrated with it that I gave up! I remember when a phone call was all it took to get the latest sightings and trying to scribble them down before the message ended lol

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back