• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

difference between older conquest 8x30 T and 8x30 BT (1 Viewer)

Hello gunut. The "B" designation means that the binocular is supposed to have more eye relief for eyeglass wearers. My understanding is that, at some point, Zeiss decided that they would design all of their binoculars to have enough eye relief for eyeglass wearers, so the "B" designation became redundant. Eventually, they stopped mentioning "B" in models' names. The original Conquests apparently come from a time when Zeiss was transitioning from including the "B" to omitting the "B". So some Conquests had it in the name, some didn't. The eye relief specs are the same. For the record, my 8x30 is T* without the B, and the serial number is 00299xxx.

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• SSCN1957.JPG
    SSCN1957.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 62
thanks for the information.....didn't know that.....the bin I have says the same thing on description plate as yours with the exception of the B being between the 30 and the T*... didn't think Zeiss would have made two versions of same model with different specs.......also noticed that some don't mention being made in Hungary....don't think any of them were made in Germany so figure that must of just been an oversight on Zeiss's part.......

Last edited:
...also noticed that some don't mention being made in Hungary....don't think any of them were made in Germany so figure that must of just been an oversight on Zeiss's part...

Might be that those without mention of Hungary are intended to be sold outside the USA. In the USA, such labeling is required.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back