• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BatExplorer 2.0 available (1 Viewer)

HermitIbis

The Swiss company Elekon AG, producer of the Batlogger devices, has created a software for analyzing bat sounds: BatExplorer. It is now available in version 2.0. There is a full version that costs an annual fee, and a free version. Free - but very useful for bat ID. Worth a look even if you don't own a Batlogger, as the software can handle certain bat sound files (WAV format) recorded with other detectors.

I've already used BatExplorer 1.10 [free version] since 2014 to analyze time expansion *.wav files recorded with the Ciel Micro Trio detector. Part of my workflow is the free Audacity, for a quick check whether these files contain bat sounds. Audacity then helps to create shorter wav files for use in BatExplorer.

More information on BatExplorer 2.0 here.

So far I like the new version, it seems to be an impressive upgrade from 1.10.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back