• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any bat experts or keen amateurs in North Yorkshire ?? (1 Viewer)

scodger

I'm a little clued up on bats but I'm looking for someone or several someones to give me a hand to detect at my woodland (central North Yorkshire ). I have detected BLE ( also photographed by a neighbour woodland owner ) , Daubentons, 2 x pips, Noctule and one or two other possibles but I need some help to not only further ID but advice on what conservation , bat boxes I can put in place.

I'm restoring 12 acres of PAWS woodland from heavy conifer back to deciduous, retaining all the existing deciduous and replanting with coppice species. There is heavy coniferous, some mature deciduous, recently thinned oak/coppice and mixed conifer and deciduous, 600m of stream, open rides, also woodland access track adjacent, so I think there could well be other species. It's part of a much bigger similar woodland complex so again there must be other species.

This might suit someone who would like to improve their bat skills, a conservation student looking for a project, and hopefully an expert in NYorks who wouldnt be averse to offering some advice. If you are interested in bats you are welcome, and there's a nice pub very close for beverages afterwards!

I've been in touch with the NYBG by email on a few occasions but they havent responded so very busy elsewhere I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back