• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery warbler. (1 Viewer)

Ron Seymour

Bulgaria
During the last three days I have heard and seen what I think is a Sylvia warbler resembling a Western/Eastern Orphean Warbler. The bird gave very good repetitive renditions of its song which was VERY reminiscent of that of Black-headed Bunting. I am stumped at the moment becuase the song is not riot right for either of the orphean warblers. I live in Samovodene, near Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi Stevo - it isn't a Lesser Whitethroat, I'm pretty sure. I will try to photograph the bird but I may need some assistance uploading the image(s).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back