• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Echo meter 2 - help (1 Viewer)

scodger

I was out in my woodland last night in North Yorks, near Boroughbridge , using the Echo Meter 2 ( using the HET setting ) and got the following results, numbers relate to no. of sonograms over a one hour period. I'm trying to get someone who is experienced to come and give me some guidance on using the bat detector etc and perhaps doing a bit of surveying ( having very little luck ) . I appreciate the Myotis are difficult to seperate so I dont know how many species here, also recorded several sonograms for Daubentons along the stream in 2018. Habitat is lowland PAWS ancient woodland, with recently thinned open oak, mixed deciduous/coniferous, 600m of stream, all adjacent to open farmland /sheep pasture

Brandts 4, not impossible? habitat fairly dense tree/shrub by stream side
Whiskered 4, not impossible? perhaps the most likely of the Myotis other than Daubentons, habitat as above
Natterers 1, not impossible? habitat as above
Leisler 3, not impossible? mature tree line along sheep pasture and open agricultural
Noctule 20, expected, habitat as Leisler and overhead the woodland
Nathusius pip 5, unlikely , but I have picked this up at another site about 20km away on lowland, mixed mature and younger deciduous woodland
Common Pip expected and recorded last year, 35 hunting along tree edge adjacent to sheep pasture
Soprano Pip 3, as above Common Pip
Brown long eared 1 expected as an individual photographed in the wood last month and recorded last year

Sonograms available is anyone could perhaps confirm otherwise

And if anyone fancies coming to have a look please contact me

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back