• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterflies of Israel & the Golan Heights (1 Viewer)

Jos Stratford

Eastern Exile
Staff member
United Kingdom
Earlier this year, I decided to pay Israel and the Golan Heights a couple of visits, specifically for butterflies - an early spring trip in the hope of Lebanese Festoon and others, plus desert butterflies, then an early summer trip to the higher mountains in the Golan Heights.

Obviously a well-known region for birds, with umpteen reports detailing the birding, I was a little surprised to find almost zero information on the butterflies - not much on the species present and absolutely nothing on localities.

I hope my report remedies this a little - full report is now available on my website HERE
Will post on this thread some additional comments and photographs.

Attachments

• Mediterranean Tiger Blue is 1.jpg
    Mediterranean Tiger Blue is 1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Lebanese Festoon is 1.jpg
    Lebanese Festoon is 1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Levantine Silverline is 2.jpg
    Levantine Silverline is 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Tawny Silverline is 2.jpg
    Tawny Silverline is 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Clouded Apollo is 1.jpg
    Clouded Apollo is 1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back