• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID help please Midlands UK (1 Viewer)

Rich111

Hi all,

can anyone help me identify this bird please. It visits my garden regularly and I thought it a sparrow. But researching it, I think it may be a coal tit. I'm not sure.

I've attached a photo. Not the best but hopefully enough.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200605_200309.jpg
    20200605_200309.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 107
Hi all,

can anyone help me identify this bird please. It visits my garden regularly and I thought it a sparrow. But researching it, I think it may be a coal tit. I'm not sure.

I've attached a photo. Not the best but hopefully enough.

Thanks
House Sparrow, I think

Hi rich from sunny Birmingham. It looks like a male sparrow, although difficult to see! If it is a House sparrow it will have a gray patch on the crown of the head, if a Tree sparrow it will be all brown!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I need to invest in some binoculars and a better camera I think:).

Learning more about sparrows I didn't realise they were in such massive decline. Special little guest:)

Yes - they used to be much more common. They have great behaviour though, especially now. Twittering all the time and flying in and out of the hedge rows.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back