• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello All Here to learn (1 Viewer)

spirittoo

Hello:hi: Wellsir, I've been feeding the birds with the black oil sunflower seeds for a couple of years. This year I decided to expand and get different foods and suet.

I was having problems with raccoons. I saw videos on youtube on making a bird stand that is raccoon proof. I set up 4 of them and so far no problems with the critters.

I set up some bluebird houses a week and a half ago, I got from lowes ... at first one of the boxes had the beginning of a nest, but the construction stopped for some reason, any ideas about that.:-C

I have the houses about 5.5ft to 6ft up facing east, with a 2" pvc coupler over the hold to provide protection from other birds. On a stand with a baffle to keep predators from reaching it.

Why would a bird start construction then stop?:flyaway:

Anyway I wanted to say hello, I just signed up and hope to learn how to get lots of birds to visit my yard.:loveme:

Hi spirittoo and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Sorry, I can't advise on your problem, but hopefully someone from your side of the Pond will be in shortly.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi ya spirittoo and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach :t:

Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back