• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phoneskope adapter with Iphone 6 (1 Viewer)

Sandy Leng

I recently upgraded my phone to an Iphone 6 and decided to have a bash at phonescoping with my Leica Televid 77 APO. I bought the adapters from phoneskope and while at first glance they can seem expensive, they are made in the USA and are high quality items.

When fitted, there is no movement and by using the earphone cable as a shutter release, very clear photo's can be taken. I have never been interested in photography before, but this setup allows even a novice like me to take really great close ups of birds. the camera on the Iphone 6 is really good and takes no setting up at all. Just push on to the eyepiece and take a photo, brilliant. Highly recommend.

Sandy

Swarovsky 95ATX + PhoneSkope + Note 4

the PhoneSkope is an awesome product.
Attached is an example using the PhoneSkope with the Swarobsky 95mm and my Note 4.
I didn't buy the PhoneSkope for the Swarovsky though, it was bought to use with a Minox M 50.
Here is a link to a photo done with that combo (I would load the pic here but it is just too laborious
under this forums restrictions when I can simply link to Flickr)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/medicineman4040/17374181055/in/dateposted-public/
Better yet, look at the robin on the fence on the phone's screen, this via the Minox M 50 and the Note 4.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/medicineman4040/17161926497/in/dateposted-public/
The robin is over 30 yards away.
Obviously no comparison between the Swarovsky and the Minox, but which you rather carry for 5 miles?

Attachments

• swaroRS.jpg
    swaroRS.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back