• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7x recommendations (1 Viewer)

The difference is the GA which means rubber armoured. If it isn't GA then it has a kind of faux leather-look covering. And BTW there is no difference between P and P*. The asterisk was just added to the P to bring it into line with T*.

Lee

I don't think the Zeiss 7x42 Dialyt/Classic with P/P* was ever offered without rubber armor (GA).

--AP

So how would you compare the Leica UVHD (non +) 7x42 with the Zeiss Dialyt 7x42 BGAT*P? The allbinos stats look very similar except the Dialyt has a wider field of view.

So how would you compare the Leica UVHD (non +) 7x42 with the Zeiss Dialyt 7x42 BGAT*P? The allbinos stats look very similar except the Dialyt has a wider field of view.

The Zeiss has wider FOV and, I think, better eye relief for glasses. Maybe slightly better close focus as well. I like the handling better (wrap around grip, slim tubes).

The Leica has better waterproofing and is more compact.

--AP

I found a zeiss 7x42 b/ga t*p that should be arriving on Saturday (tomorrow). It was listed without the "ga" but it was clearly the rubber armor. Hopefully it will be a winner. I think the Opticron Discovery 7x42 are arriving today too.

Sunday we're planning on going to "hawk hill" up near San Francisco. It's a natural funnel for hawks on migration because of how they avoid flying over large bodies of water and seek certain terrain to maximize their soaring.

Marc

LOL, good point, although Hensoldt made a Dialyt 7x42 in 'leatherette' and very handsome it was too.

Lee

WWII Hensoldt 10x50 plus 7x42

Attachments

• 3ddced64087273a19114291a84cb6fe4.jpg
    3ddced64087273a19114291a84cb6fe4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 8099679169_5504bf0ebf_k.jpg
    8099679169_5504bf0ebf_k.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 110
Maico

The two Hensoldts lying down are 7x42 and 8x32 according to their markings on the top bridges and aren't they handsome? Many thanks for the pics.

Lee

Yes, not mine. They also made a rarer 7x50. The tank is a 1944 Panther.

I think these are the smaller and more practical 7x42

Attachments

• Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-297-1725-12,_Im_Westen,_Panzersoldat_auf_Panzer_IV.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-297-1725-12,_Im_Westen,_Panzersoldat_auf_Panzer_IV.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back