• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Florida info needed quite quickly!! (1 Viewer)

JWN Andrewes

Poor Judge of Pasta.
A bit 11th hour this - a friend of mine has just asked me what he should look out for on an upcoming work trip to Florida. He'll be visiting Jacksonsville, Disney & Miami, any ideas for quick birding stops between any of these sites? He's flying out first thing Tuesday morning so this might be too late a request, but I thought it'd be worth a shot!

Thanks in advance

James

Thanks KC - I managed to pass that on to him before he jumped on his flight this morning - I'll let you know how he gets on.

James

JWN Andrewes said:
A bit 11th hour this - a friend of mine has just asked me what he should look out for on an upcoming work trip to Florida. He'll be visiting Jacksonsville, Disney & Miami, any ideas for quick birding stops between any of these sites? He's flying out first thing Tuesday morning so this might be too late a request, but I thought it'd be worth a shot!

Another late reply I'm affraid, but it all depends on whether or not he's been to Florida before. If not, he'll find more than enough to keep him entertained if he keeps his eyes open at his hotel and as he travels around. Keep the bins in the car and have a quick stop here and there at likely looking places and he'll come back happy,

Colin

Hi Alf

I'm afraid he's incommunicado while he's out there, but I can get some mileage out of waiting till he's back and telling him where he should have gone!

And Colin, no he's not been to Florida before (a couple of work trips to California & a wedding in Canada, but no real time for birding on either occasion), and his approach is going to be pretty much as you've described - I'm sure he'll see plenty to keep him happy - whether he can id it is another matter, of course...!

Thanks to you both

James

He should have been going to Merritt Island Natl Wildlife Refuge by Cape Canaveral (spelling?); during my two visits, this became my favored spot in FL.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back