• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I put music (CDs) onto my Samsung Galaxy Ace? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I have downloaded approx 10 CDs onto the computer.
With my last phone I simply connected it via a USB cable and (I can't remember the sequence) I was able to simply drag and drop the files onto the phone.

I connected the Samsung via USB and I got a box saying it couldn't find the device (or something similar) so I unplugged the USB for a while and tried again.......now absolutely nothing happens??
I have tried opening up various files/folders under "my computer" while the phone is connected but can't find anything related to it.

If it's of any use I have AVG free and.....as I've just installed Firefox browser it automatically installed McAfee.
I'm going into hospital on Thursday and would really like my music:-C.
Thanks

Hi David, I have a Galaxy Ace but I've only put a couple of tunes onto it. I use software called Samsung Kies (link below), I downloaded it to my desktop from the Samsung website. Once you open Kies on your PC you then plug in your phone via usb and the software 'finds your device'. You can then add stuff from your PC to your phone and copy stuff from phone to PC. This is also the way Samsung updates your phones firmware. A word of warning though, Kies is sometimes the most frustrating piece of software I've ever used and can just fail to do what it is asked to do (like updating firmware). At these times I just make sure my battery is fully charged and try again.

Dave

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

Last edited:
Hi David, I have a Galaxy Ace but I've only put a couple of tunes onto it. I use software called Samsung Kies (link below), I downloaded it to my desktop from the Samsung website. Dave

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

Thanks.
When I open that link it gives me 2 options a) for phones after Galaxy note 111 or b) before galaxy note 111..............I have no idea which one to go for. Mine is Galaxy Ace Plus and quite new so.........is it "after the note 111 ?

Also it tells me it isn't suitable for Windows 8.....which is my system. It tells me I also need some other downloads e.g. "Microsoft media future pack". This is very scary for a technophobe like me!

Take out the phones memory card, plug it into your computer (directly or via a USB card reader) and copy the files directly to it.

Pete

Hi David
On my Ace I have to click on a button which comes up (on the phone) when you connect the lead to the computer. It says you have to connect before you can up/download files. When you have clicked this button the computer will then "see" the phone. You can then simply drag and drop the music file over.

Hi David
On my Ace I have to click on a button which comes up (on the phone) when you connect the lead to the computer. It says you have to connect before you can up/download files. When you have clicked this button the computer will then "see" the phone. You can then simply drag and drop the music file over.

Thanks but absolutely nothing happens apart from showing that the battery is charging & the % of charge (so I know it is properly connected) ......that is the computer and the phone.

Take out the phones memory card, plug it into your computer (directly or via a USB card reader) and copy the files directly to it.
Pete

Right.......have done that now and all it does is enable me to download photos from phone to computer......it doesn't enable ANYTHING from computer to phone :)

David
After you plugged your card into the computer can you see your card in Windows Explorer?
David

Sorry but you have to remember you are talking to the original technophobe.
Windows Explorer is the browser isn't it ? If so... how do I see the card there? If not could you explain please.......many thanks.

David

Windows explorer is not the browser but the file explorer (the microsoft browser is Internet Explorer). Upto Windows 7 the program is called Windows Explorer but in Windows 8 I think it is called File Explorer. Assuming you are using windows 7, go to your start button and type in windows explorer; open the program and in the left hand part of the window you should see "computer" with a little triangle next to it. Click on the triangle or double click on the word computer and you should be able to see your phone card if it is plugged in. You can the copy files to your card

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Regards

David

You've told me you have XP Home. The card in the Galaxy Ace in a micro SD card so presumably you have an adapter to make it fit your card reader?

If you put your card into a card reader on your PC then click 'My computer' the screen will show what 'drives' you have on your computer eg Drive C: is likely to be your hard disk, D Drive: is likely to be your DVD disc drive. your card will show up as another drive with a different number for example 'Removable disk F: or Removable disc G: and so on. Your card will be one of these drives. Once you know which drive your card is go to where you have saved your music (possibly 'My music', right click the file with your mouse and select copy. Then click 'my computer' go to the drive you now know is your card, right click on it with your mouse and select 'Paste'. Your music files should now have been copied to your card.

Have you tried to download Samsung Kies to your PC at all?

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back