• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sage Thrasher a long ways from home (1 Viewer)

bheitzman

Back in January 2010, I had traveled from Vermont down to the northernmost coast of Massachusetts, to see what birds might be found at Salisbury Beach State Reserve. It's where the Merrimack River flows out into the Atlantic, and there are always interesting birds to be found there. As I arrived, I saw several birders, and so I asked if they had seen anything interesting. "Are you here to see the thrasher", I was asked. Of course, I was thinking of Brown Thrashers, which are somewhat common. So, I got directions, and planned to check it out on my way out. Well, it turned out to not be a Brown Thrasher, but a Sage Thrasher! It had been carried northeast from western Texas all the way to Massachusetts! Fortunately it landed before being carried out to sea.

Attachments

• SageThrasher! Jan2010MA.jpg
    SageThrasher! Jan2010MA.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 46
I vaguely remember that. I really like the Sage Thrasher, of my Arizona Thrashers they are my favorite.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back