• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Texas goose (1 Viewer)

rylirk

United Kingdom
Am I right in thinking picture 1 is a juv Snow Goose (with Canadas)? And picture 2 is a (non-countable) swan goose? Ransom Canyon today.

Attachments

• P1660015 (2).jpg
    P1660015 (2).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 73
  • P1660201.jpg
    P1660201.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 23
Yes to your IDs in both cases.

But you can count the Swan Goose if you want—there are no legally enforceable rules on the subject

I assume they are generally not counted? In the same way muscovy ducks don't usually count outside of Mexico?

well, these two last year in China certainly did... but also weren´t what I had hoped for

Attachments

• geese yangling.jpg
    geese yangling.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 35
I am wondering if the goose on the far left of the original post is a Cackling rather than a Canada.

Yes could well be a cackling, most of the Canada flocks I have seen here have had one or two Cacklings mixed in

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back