• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

S2 Spotting scope (1 Viewer)

coppo

Bought one today, what a cracking scope, got the 20-70x eyepiece, what a cracking bit of kit, love it.

How's that for a review?:king:

He mentioned you Lee as you have one of their S2,s as well.

I am really impressed although not an expert birder like you I am just getting back into it after 35 years. My first scope was an Optolyth rubber armoured one I bought aged 14 in 1979.

Havn't they improved in the last 38 years lol.

Congrats Coppo. Cracking scope. I considered selling mine a few times because I wasn't using it much. Glad I got no takers because when I do take it out I appreciate what a fantastic piece of kit it is.

He mentioned you Lee as you have one of their S2,s as well.

I am really impressed although not an expert birder like you I am just getting back into it after 35 years. My first scope was an Optolyth rubber armoured one I bought aged 14 in 1979.

Havn't they improved in the last 38 years lol.

Coppo

Bit of a coincidence because I used to have an Optolyth rubber covered scope too. And yes some scopes today are night and day different from the ones I had way back.

However I am certainly not an expert birder being much more of an all round nature observer with an interest in most things.

Enjoy your scope and your binos.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back