• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron HR GA 80 v Swaro AT HD 80 (1 Viewer)

richard866945

Bino repair man
Just fixed a damaged Opticron HR GA 80 ED which I bought through an auction site.
Have spent quite a while today comparing it with my Swarovski AT 80 HD and have decided to sell the Swaro.
Both fitted with 20x-60x eyepiece and 30x wa.
The Opticron weighs 0.2 kilo more but I guess that's mainly due to the extra ED element in the OG.

Very impressed by the Opticron .

Hi Richard, I bought my copy, "used, mint" from LCE Fareham, in 2013, and I've been impressed with the quality. BUT, I've been suffering from cataracts for some time and thus haven't been able to appreciated the finer points. I've now had both eyes done, and the sight through my right eye is excellent. That through the left, done a short time ago, is getting better and I'm hopeful that when fully settled, it will equal the right eye.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the finer points mentioned so often in these pages, but not visible to those of us waiting for our new optical implants!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back