• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frustrated (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

I am very frustrated. I have been trying to find and get a picture of a peregrine falcon in Boise, Idaho for a year now. No luck. I'm very angry and very frustrated because I can't find one.

In addition, every time I think I have one, and I got a picture, It turned out to be something else, like the swainsons hawk and the Kestrel.

Where the heck are they?!?!

I am so angry!

According to eBird they nest at 1 Capitol Center in Boise. They were seen as recently as mid-March bringing food to the nest.

Thanks for the info. I am calm now. Apologies for my anger.

I'll have to check that out next time I am on my bike. Theres a thunderstorm now, so I cant.

I long time ago learned....if you go 'looking' you shall not find! ...Just gel out and it will happen as it is a fairly common site. yes, use ebird, as it will tell you where the recent sightings are. Admittedly, I am not an e-bird participant but I do like that feature of it. Best of luck now.... jim

Apparently there is a pair nesting in a sugar mill near Nampa - http://amalgamatedsugar.com/blog/2019/05/03/peregrine-falcons-1/

Good luck in your quest. The landscape around the plant looks very open: ideal for watching them, but it may be difficult to get close enough to get good photos. I myself would rather just watch them though. I have not yet seen enough of the spectacular things that they can do, to give up the chance of seeing something amazing while trying to get a decent photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back