• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barn Owl location (1 Viewer)

jose

Alledged user
Does anybody knows a almost guarantied location to see Barn Owl around a 10 mile radios of Attleborough, Norfolk?

Many thanks in advance.

Jose,
I don't know where Attleborough is and thus can't do a 10 mile radius of it. However, there seems to be Barn Owls flying around the trees to the north of Titchwell RSPB reserve and viewable from the main path from the visitor centre to the sea (look to the left, or west if you like, about half way along the path once clear of the big trees near the information centre.

Don't know for sure as I've never tried looking for one round that area but I do drive that way in the course of work quite a lot.

Have you tried Wayland woods ? Or some of the little back roads round New Buckenham, Banham, Tacolneston - ish.

Perhaps that area near the old disused railway bridge between Tharston & Hapton ? (sorry I've no OS for that area but there's only one ... it's on a sharp bend). There's several tussocky grassy fields there along the river / stream.

I have found 2 Barn Owls at TL845988 I admit it's a bit out of my intended area but still stunning views

Good ... where is TL 845988 ? ...... I haven't got an OS for that area

by edit: ......... Just had a look at OS website. Glad you got it

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back