• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Satipo Road logistics. (1 Viewer)

Jens Thalund

I'll be off to Peru next month, going to visit the Central Andes region, and have been considering the Satipo Road area.
I'll be using public transport, and have read different accounts on what to expect, regarding busses from Satipo and onwards, and would like to hear if anybody on BF, have some recent info?
I've read about the new birding 'lodge' on Satipo Road, on BirdingBlogs, but so far I have not been able to get through to Kolibri Expeditions, so any help here on BF would be appreciated -

cheers

Jens

Hi Alejandro,
I've just come back from my trip now, and ended up not visiting Satipo Road, because of lack of info and limited time.
I did try and contact kolibri expeditions through their website a couple of times, to try and make bookings for the birding lodge that had been mentioned by Gunnar Engblom, but after not receiving any word back from them, I decided to concentrate on other sites. Maybe another time?

Jens

Hi Alejandro,
I've just come back from my trip now, and ended up not visiting Satipo Road, because of lack of info and limited time.
I did try and contact kolibri expeditions through their website a couple of times, to try and make bookings for the birding lodge that had been mentioned by Gunnar Engblom, but after not receiving any word back from them, I decided to concentrate on other sites. Maybe another time?

Jens

Jens, I totally missed you trying to contact me. Sorry about that. I have not seen anything from you. How strange! Did you use the email Alejandro was mentioning. I found a mail from Susan right now, wondering if that was from your party.
Anyway, glad you had a good trip.
Satipo road is not easy to do on public transport. There is very little traffic on the road and hence few buses. But there is a basic place where you can stay at Calabazas/Apaya with prior arrangements.
Birding is outstanding.

Saludos

Gunnar

Satipo Rd.

Birding is outstanding I can vouch for that. Visited in April 2010 and yes the accommodations were very basic but are being improved.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back