• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Request for help with flower id New Forest (1 Viewer)

regor

Can someone please suggest an id for the attached yellow plant. The rather poor photo taken on my unsmartphone at Matley Bog in the New Forest on Monday.

Thanks,
Roger

Attachments

• Matley Bog plant.jpg
    Matley Bog plant.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 117
It's a pretty awful photo to ID from so not totally sure, but maybe yellow leaves on Cross-leaved Heath, Erica tetralix?

Thanks for the suggestion, Aeshna. I thought they were flower buds - I must look more closely in future!
Yes, sorry about the photo but my trusty Nokia 6303 was all I had to hand.

Hi,

As you say, not the best photo to try and ID from. Could they be a Spurge (Euphorbia sp)? I saw some today and they gave the same impression as in your pic. I may be completely wrong, of course, but may be worth a look?

Cheers

Hi,

As you say, not the best photo to try and ID from. Could they be a Spurge (Euphorbia sp)? I saw some today and they gave the same impression as in your pic. I may be completely wrong, of course, but may be worth a look?

Cheers

Doesn't look anything like a Euphorbia to me.

Difficult to see much detail from the photo, just got the same sort of jizz from some I saw today. (Especially the apparently darker ends to the stems with apparently rounded leaves?). Some of the younger specimens hadn't started flowering.

Just a thought.

As I say, I'm probably wrong. Very difficult (impossible?) to give a definitive answer without a better photo, unfortunately.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back